2 small aubergine
3 red pepper
Olive oil spray
1 tbs olive oil
1 onion, chopped
400g can crushed tomatoes
3 cups salt reduced chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
2 tbs tomato paste
3 tbs basil leaves, torn
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Place the aubergine and pepper in a baking dish, spray with olive oil and roast for 30 minutes or until pepper skins are blackened. Set the aubergine aside to cool and place pepper in a bowl covered with plastic wrap. When the peppers are cool remove the skin and seeds and chop roughly. Cut the aubergine in half, scoop out the flesh and chop roughly.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and sauté onion until softened. Add the reserved vegetables, tomatoes, stock and tomato paste. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree in a food processor or with a hand blender. Return to the saucepan and reheat gently.
- Serve with torn basil leaves.