Chicken in Red Wine Vinegar with Rocket Salad
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 480g chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 400g can tomatoes
- 50g black olives, chopped
- 2 tsp capers, rinsed and dried
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 orange, skin and pith removed and segmented
- 1 fennel bulb, halved and thinly sliced
- 100g rocket leaves
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy based saucepan and fry the chicken in batches until well browned.
- Return all of the chicken to the saucepan with the vinegar and cook over high heat until the vinegar is reduced by half. Add the chicken stock and tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from the pan, stir in the olives, capers and parsley. Bring to the boil. Serve chicken with sauce spooned over.
- To prepare salad combine the orange, fennel and rocket in a bowl. Mix together the oil and vinegar and pour over the salad.
Moroccan Minted Beef
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 x 120g beef strips (for females)
- 4 x 220g lean beef strips (for males)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat and cook the beef strips until browned, remove from the pan.
- To the pan add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the spices and lemon rind and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and simmer slightly until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Return the beef to the pan and cook until heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh mint.
Serving suggestion: Serve with a side of steamed vegetables.
- Olive oil spray
- 4 x 120g soy sausages*, sliced (for females)
- 4 x 220g soy sausages*, sliced (for males)
- 1 brown onion, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced thinly
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ½ cups salt reduced vegetable stock
- 75g low fat smooth ricotta cheese
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- Heat a large pan on high and spray with olive oil. Add sausages, onion, garlic, curry powder and mustard. Cook stirring continuously until sausages are starting to colour.
- Add pepper, carrot and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium, add the ricotta and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add beans, cook for a further 10 minutes and serve immediately.
*When using packaged goods check the nutritional label. It must be under 5g carbohydrates per serve.
Products available at Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Consult your doctor or healthcare professional before embarking on any weight loss program.
*Individual Weightloss results may vary. Let one of our experts help you, contact us for more info and advice. Consult your doctor or healthcare professional before embarking on any weight loss program.