… that won’t leave you feeling guilty.
There is no need to feel hungry when you are on the Tony Ferguson Weightloss Programme. Below are five guilt-free snack options you can munch on all day every day!
Liquorice Lovers Dream
If you love liquorice then fennel is for you. Fennel is mother earth’s liquorice. All you need to do is buy the fennel, slice it into pieces and there you have it, a great liquorice alternative that you can eat as much as you like.
Tony Ferguson Jelly Twister
Tony Ferguson Jelly is a great snack option on its own because you can have as much of it as you like! However if you want to try something new then this recipe is for you.
- One sachet of Tony Ferguson Jelly – Raspberry flavour
- 250ml caffeine free diet cola
- Pour the contents of the jelly sachet into a bowl.
- Add 250ml of boiling water and stir until all crystals are dissolved.
- Add 250ml of caffeine free diet coke.
- Place in the refrigerator for approximately 4 hours or until set.
- If you don’t like cola then try using the lemon & lime jelly with sugar-free lemonade instead.
If you are a big snacker, especially when you are at your desk in the office or in front of the TV then try the mixed bag.
- Tub of cherry tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber cut into sticks
- 1 Small carrot cut into sticks
- 4 Storks of celery cut into sticks
- Place all the vegetable sticks and tomatoes in a zip lock bag and take with you to work to munch on during the day. Or put in a bowl and munch on them while watching TV.
When we are watching TV or working, we aren’t paying attention to what we are eating we just feel like snacking, so the mixed bag will allow you to do this guilt free!
- 1 Small eggplant/brinjal
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and your favourite spices for seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Thinly slice eggplant/brinjal.
- Spray a light layer of olive oil onto a baking tray.
- Place eggplant/brinjal onto baking tray and spray a light layer of olive oil over the eggplant/brinjal. Add salt and spices.
- Cook for 10 minutes then turn over and cook for another 10 minutes.
Eggplant/brinjal chips are a great snack option that you can eat anytime.
Vegetable soup is a great snack option especially for when you feel like something a little more substantial. Try the below recipes which makes about 2 serves.
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Celery stalks
- 2 Baby eggplants/brinjal
- 1 Pepper
- ½ Cup of broccoli
- ½ Medium onion
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- 2 Cups of salt reduced chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- Cracked pepper as desired
- 1 Cup water
- Olive oil spray
- Chop all vegetables into small pieces (cubes).
- Heat a non-stick saucepan to a medium heat and spray with olive oil spray.
- Add all vegetables into the saucepan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the stock, water and cracked pepper then simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in the can of tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with additional cracked pepper if desired.
This is a great hearty snack option. I recommend you cook a large pot of soup and separate into portions and freeze. This way you always have vegetable soup on hand for when you are feeling hungry.
As you can see, there are many ideas for healthy guilt-free snacks. We have provided you with a few but perhaps you have more of your own. So next time you are hungry why don’t you give these ideas a go – Enjoy!
Article written by Jessica Sardelic.