1 tbs olive oil
2 tbs Splenda or Equal
¼ tsp salt
2 tbs rice vinegar
3 nori sheets
½ avocado, thinly sliced
1 baby cucumber,
cut into thin batons
½ small red pepper, deseeded
and cut into thin strips
Salt reduced soy sauce
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and process in a food processor until it is a crumbly rice like consistency.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the cauliflower and cook stirring constantly until it is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Place the warm cauliflower rice in a large bowl. Combine the sweetener, salt and vinegar and pour over the cauliflower. Stir to combine.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a tray and spread the cauliflower mixture over it. Allow to cool completely.
- Place a nori sheet, shiny side down, on a bamboo mat or a sheet of baking paper. With wet hands spread ¾ of a cup of the cauliflower over the lower ²⁄ ³ of the nori sheet. In the middle of the rice arrange your choice of filling. Brush the uncovered edge of the nori sheet with
water then carefully lift the edge of the mat or paper and roll away from you enclosing the filling. Continue rolling forward until roll is formed and gently roll back and forward to neaten. Allow to rest.
- Repeat with the remaining nori sheets. Using a sharp knife cut the roll into 2cm thick slices. Serve with salt reduced soy sauce.