1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 x 150g firm tofu cut into 2cm cubes (females)
4 x 250g firm tofu cut into 2cm cubes (males)
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
3 thin aubergines, thinly sliced, diagonally
2 zucchini, thinly sliced, diagonally
1⁄4 3 cup vegetable stock100g mange touts, trimmed
1 cup firmly packed fresh basil
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper
1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- Place pesto ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the pesto, the balsamic vinegar and garlic in a large glass bowl. Add tofu and toss until well coated. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat half the oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir fry tofu for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Remove and return to pesto bowl and coat.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok on medium to high heat. Add aubergine and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add zucchini and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add stock and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add tofu and remaining pesto and cook until heated through. Add mange touts and cook for 1 minute.
|of which is sugar