Experience the freshness of South African flavours with our Paprika and Herb-Roasted Fish accompanied by a vibrant green salad. This low-calorie recipe combines succulent fish fillets seasoned with paprika and herbs, resulting in a delightful burst of flavours. Paired with a refreshing green salad, this dish offers a light and nutritious option that celebrates the natural beauty of South African cuisine. Get ready to tantalise your taste buds and nourish your body with this delightful seafood creation.
- 4 fish fillets (such as hake or king-klip)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Mixed salad greens (such as lettuce, baby spinach, and arugula)
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cucumber, sliced
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh lemon wedges (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place the fish fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, paprika, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create a marinade.
- Brush the marinade evenly over both sides of the fish fillets.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the fish fillets.
- Roast the fish in the preheated oven for approximately 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and flaky.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- While the fish is roasting, prepare the green salad. In a large bowl, combine the mixed salad greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and thinly sliced red onion. Toss gently to mix.
- Once the fish is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Plate the paprika and herb-roasted fish alongside a generous portion of the refreshing green salad.
- Serve the dish with fresh lemon wedges for an extra citrusy touch.
Celebrate the flavours of South Africa with our Paprika and Herb-Roasted Fish accompanied by a refreshing green salad. This low-calorie dish combines succulent fish fillets seasoned with paprika and herbs, resulting in a burst of delightful flavours. Paired with a vibrant green salad, it offers a light and nutritious option that captures the essence of South African cuisine. Embrace the freshness and simplicity of this dish, and savour each bite as you embark on a journey through South African culinary delights.
*Calories per serving: 200-250 calories
Macronutrient breakdown: Approximately 25-30g protein, 5-10g carbohydrates, 8-10g fat
*Macronutrient breakdown: Please note that these macronutrient breakdowns are approximate and can vary depending on specific ingredients.