480g pork fillet, diced
2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
3 tbs salt reduced soy sauce
Olive oil cooking spray
1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
100g shiitake mushrooms, halved
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 baby bok choy, quartered lengthways
½ cup salt reduced chicken stock
100g snow peas or mangetout, sliced lengthways
Coriander leaves to serve
- If using bamboo skewers they will require pre-soaking.
- Combine the diced pork with the Chinese five-spice and one tbs of the soy sauce and set aside for half an hour.
- Thread the pork evenly onto eight skewers. Preheat a grill plate to high and spray the pork with oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until pork is cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile heat a wok or heavy based frying pan over medium-high heat and lightly spray with oil. Add the onion, pepper and mushrooms and stir fry until starting to colour. Add the garlic, bok choy, stock and remaining soy sauce. Stir fry until just wilted then add the snow peas.
- Remove from heat and serve with the pork skewers and fresh coriander leaves.